Hi Kids! Welcome to The Kids Zone. This is the place to learn about Fire Safety, find great web sites and more. Firefighters hold a special place in the hearts of most children. Since most firefighters are just “big kids”, we can understand the importance of fire safety information. Please take a moment to visit these websites with your children.
Top 10 Fire Safety Tips For Kids
- Every home must have a working smoke alarm on each level.
- A grown-up should test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Every family should practice a home fire drill at least twice a year.
- Memorize your address and telephone number in case you need to call 911.
- Matches, lighters and barbecue lighters are dangerous – do not ever play with them.
- Only adults should use the stove and barbecue. However, kids can help the adults.
- Space heaters need to be at least one meter away from anything that would burn.
- Candles are for adult use only. Never leave them unattended.
- If fire happens, get out and stay out!
- Stop, drop and roll if your clothing should catch on fire.
Hey kids, check out these cool websites related to Fire Safety!
The following colouring pages are made available from the Office of the Fire Marshall for the Province of New Brunswick. Each link will open in a new browser window. Simply print them on your printer and they are ready for you to colour them in.